Friday, September 16, 2011

Day One


Leviticus 19:16 NLT
Do not spread slanderous gossip among your people. Do not stand idly by when your neighbor’s life is threatened. I am the LORD.

Thanks for joining The Gossip Pledge with me today. I hope that this can be a short encouragement in your day to remind us to love our neighbors as Jesus commanded; even though at times they are not so lovable.
Each day I will share a verse from the Holy Bible and some thoughts, if I have any! 

Today, just meditate on this verse and what it must have meant to a body of people who had broken free from captivity, wandered the desert with Moses and were receiving this command. What would have gossip and rumors have done to their solidarity and willingness to follow God and his appointed leader, Moses?


No comments:

Post a Comment